Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop Week 17



The Next Big Thing Blog Hop
Week 17

I have been tagged by the lovely Melissa Andrea, author of Flutter that releases on October 30th, (I can't wait to read it!) to do a blog hop called, The Next Big Thing. This blog hop consists of stopping at different blogs to in the hopes of discovering the next great read. Some of the books you will discover on this blog hop are either still being written, or newly released. 

Below I have answered 10 predetermined questions about my next release.




Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book?
The Enchanted

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I honestly can’t remember. It just sort of came to me a few years ago but the story has really evolved from my original idea. 

What genre does your book fall under?
New Adult Paranormal Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I can’t think of anyone that would be perfect for Theo but Ethan Peck might work… Just picture him covered in tattoos with a lip ring. J

For Mara I really like Tiera skovbye or Kaya Scodelario.

I see Jamie Bell as Winston, Kat Dennings as Adelaide, and Danielle Savre as Naomi.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A whole world was hidden from Mara Pryce and now is her chance to discover it.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Self-published! Whoop! Whoop!

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I’m still working on it. I stopped working on The Enchanted to start/finish Insider (the 2nd book in the Outsider Series). I’m currently reading The Enchanted now so that I don’t get confused and write the same thing twice. J But once I start writing again, it should be done in 2 weeks and then it has to be edited.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Um… I can’t really think of anything.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?

This seems to be a pretty general question to be asked as a writer. My answers is, nothing and no one inspires me to write (unless you count the characters) I write because I have to get the story out of my head. I have enough stories going through my mind right now to last me the next three years.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s about enchanters, which is basically like a witch or sorcerer. I wanted to write this book because I really don’t like a lot of books out there that feature witches. I wanted to put my own twist on things like I did with shifters. With that being said, I think a lot of people that would normally turn away from a witch/wizard book would really enjoy this.



Below please find a list of the authors/bloggers I have tagged for next week. 
Stop by their blogs next Wednesday, October 24 to read about their works in progress and/or new releases:

Sydney Proctor Author of The Destiny of Silis



A big thank you to Melissa Andrea for tagging me!
Don’t forget to checkout her release, Flutter!




No comments:

Post a Comment