Tuesday, January 8, 2013

***Teaser Tuesday***


Nolan cleared his throat behind me and I jumped. I turned and blushed at being caught.
“Sorry to interrupt the show.”
I bit my lip and sat down. I guess it wasn’t the worst thing, being caught drooling over your husband.
“Your sandwich is –uh- over there,” I pointed, like he hadn’t seen it already.
“Thanks,” he said before stalking into the pantry and coming out with a bag of chips. He poured some on his plate. “Want some?” he held the bag aloft.
I nodded back towards the pantry. “There’s some salt and vinegar ones in a purple bag. Grab those, please.”
He came back with the chips and sat down across from me. I’d already poured him a glass of sweet tea and he took a long swallow. “You have no idea how much I’ve missed sweet tea. I’ve mostly been up north and they don’t make it right there. You have to put the sugar in yourself and it’s just not the same. It’s never sweet enough.”
I made a face. “I don’t like the stuff. I didn’t grow up around here but Caeden loves it, so that’s why we always have it. To me it taste like someone soaked water in old socks and then poured in ten pounds of sugar.”
Nolan sputtered. “That’s a good one. Don’t think I’ve heard that before.”
I shrugged and took a bite. “I just think the stuff tastes gross.”
He chuckled. “I think it’s one of those things, that if you don’t grow up drinking it then you’ll never like it.”
“Everyone around here seems to live off the stuff.”
“It’s a southern staple.”
 I shuddered. “You guys can love it all you want. That nasty concoction is not passing through my lips.”

No comments:

Post a Comment