Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Enchanted

I already gave this peek in June, but in case you missed it, here it is again.

About The Enchanted:

Mara Pryce never imagined that her life was anything but normal. That is, until, a strange gray eyed young man appears at her graduation. He resonates with something deep inside her. She just doesn’t know what. Later, when he appears again, he shatters her whole world. T
he life she’s led for almost eighteen years has been a lie. Mara is an enchanter. A powerful enchanter and The Iniquitous want her dead. The gray eyed boy’s job is to keep her safe. Theodore is her protector and despite his infuriating attitude Mara knows he’ll do his job.

When they reach The Academy, where Mara will learn to control her powers, they learn that the real threat may just be a little closer to home than they want to believe.

NOW FOR THE PEEK (This is when Mara meets Theo)

I pulled into the driveway and the gravel crunched underneath the tires. I took the keys out of the ignition and sat. Something wasn’t right.
I stepped out of the car, stuck the keys in my pocket, and crept quietly into the kitchen through the side door.
The house was quiet. It was late but dad normally waited for me to get in. I wasn’t even as late as I sometimes had been. I looked around for anything heavy enough to hit someone with. Finding nothing I quietly slid open the kitchen drawer and pulled out the heavy-duty flashlight that my dad kept there. I held the thing like a bat as I crept through the house. I wanted to call out for my dad but I didn’t dare.
I crept around the corner into the living room and down the hallway.
Something slammed into me. Blindly, I tried to beat it away. Someone grabbed my wrist.
“Careful with that,” a husky voice said. My heart sped up but it wasn’t in fear. “You could hurt someone,” gray eyes said.
“Get off of me,” I snapped, no longer dazed.
He grinned cockily and a lip ring flashed. “As you wish.”
He stood and helped me up. “Where’s my father?” I asked.
Gray eyes smirked at me. “He’s safe, that’s all that matters.”
“Where is he?” I asked again.
He rolled his eyes. “Ask questions later. We need to leave. Like… now,” he said. “Here I packed you a bag,” he tossed a black duffel bag at me.
“You went through my stuff?” I shrieked.
“I did,” he said, “and by the way. Those bras and underwear? Not sexy at all. Don’t you have anything with lace?”
My eyes threatened to pop out of my head and my hand twitched to smack him.
“What. Is. Going. On?” I said.
He leaned against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest. “You’re in danger and we really need to go. I’m your protector. Lucky you, right?” he smirked and nodded cockily.
I clenched my teeth. “My protector?”
“Yeah,” he said. “You’re a witch and I’m a… sorcerer. Don’t call me a wizard,” he added, “ever. I’m not Harry Potter. See, no lightning bolt shaped scar,” he said and lifted his wavy black hair off his forehead. “We just call ourselves enchanters. It sounds cooler.”

No comments:

Post a Comment